This delicious cocoa brownies recipe uses sour cream in it. That's new to me. So I had to make it. It's actually good. This brownie is fudgier than usual with deep moist chocolate flavor. I can get used to it. The video below has the instructions and it's super easy.
- 10 tablespoons (140 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup (75 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch processed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream (full or reduced fat)
Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
Line 8x8in pan w/ aluminum foil. Lightly butter bottom of the pan so that brownie don't stick to the foil.
Melt unsalted butter in a microwave (or a stove). In a medium to large mixing bowl, add white sugar and cocoa powder. Mix well.
Pour melted butter into cocoa mixture. Stir until well blended.
Add vanilla extract, mix. Add eggs one at a time. Continue mixing til batter is smooth and glossy.
In a separate mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
Combine flour mix to the batter and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
Pour batter into pan. Use back of a spoon to flatten the surface.
Bake for 28-30 minutes. Brownie should be moist. Using the toothpick test, there should be some batter on the toothpick when you poke the middle of the brownie and remove it.
Allow brownie to cool down to room temperature. Then place in refrigerator for a few hours so that the brownie firms up.
Cut brownie and serve.
The recipe and video is by joyofbaking.com. Enjoy!
YOU MAY LIKE