Usually, when I eat soup served in a sourdough bread, it is usually clam chowder. This one is straight out of an Epicure recipe using their dip mix. I've seen these dip mixes as appetizers, but I could easily eat it as a light meal. It's yummy.
Spinach Dip in Sourdough Bread
- 1 round sourdough bread loaf
- 1 cup (250 ml) light sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) light mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Epicure's Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
- 1 — 10 oz (284 g) pkg frozen spinach, thawed, chopped and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Hollow out sourdough loaf and reserve insides for dipping.
3. Combine all other ingredients in bowl, adding spinach last.
4. Spoon into hollowed out sourdough round. Bake 30 minutes.
YOU MAY LIKE