I made these last weekend to test them out for the upcoming football weekend. We're going to my uncle for a BBQ, and I'll be baking chicken wings. In the past, I've often made deep fried chicken wings using bbq sauce which is more traditional. But I ran into a recipe with grated parmesan and minced garlic mix. I just had to try it.
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (1/2 tsp table salt)
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or melted butter)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (or to taste)
Direction:The recipe for this chicken wing delight is from http://www.steamykitchen.com/7055-baked-parmesan-garlic-chicken-wings.html.
1. Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
2. Bake the chicken wings for 20-25 minutes. While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the blue cheese dressing with the mustard (this is your dipping sauce)
4. When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/olive oil (or butter) sauce. Serve with the blue cheese/mustard dressing.
YOU MAY LIKE