Adapted from AllRecipes.com. A few ingredients were changed in order to use up leftovers in my fridge.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, drained
- 3 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup corn
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Add in diced onions and diced zucchini and cook with beef. Stir in salsa, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in beans, and heat through.
3. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread crushed tortilla chips in dish, and then spoon beef mixture over chips. Spread sour cream over beef, and sprinkle olives, green onion, and tomato over the sour cream. Top with Cheddar cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
For a simple Mexican dish, see recipe for Black Bean and Cheese Enchilada.