Usually, when I eat soup served in a sourdough bread, it is usually clam chowder. This one is straight out of an Epicure recipe using their dip mix. I've seen these dip mixes as appetizers, but I could easily eat it as a light meal. It's yummy.
Spinach Dip in Sourdough Bread
- 1 round sourdough bread loaf
- 1 cup (250 ml) light sour cream
- 1 cup (250 ml) light mayonnaise
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Epicure's Herb & Garlic Dip Mix
- 1 — 10 oz (284 g) pkg frozen spinach, thawed, chopped and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Hollow out sourdough loaf and reserve insides for dipping.
3. Combine all other ingredients in bowl, adding spinach last.
4. Spoon into hollowed out sourdough round. Bake 30 minutes.